Dow Institute of medical Education is the first medical education institute of the country.
The idea has been conceived by the dynamic leadership of the Visionary Founding Vice Chancel or of DUHD, prof. Dr. Masood Hameed Khan about few months ago. Since then, the initiative finally took the shape of establishment of an institute of medical education to restructure, organize and optimize the existing medical education activities of the region.
Dow Institute of Medical Education will provide a focus and structure to ensure the medial and allied health professionals produce well-rounded graduates equipped with the skills and knowledge to enable them to work within, to shape and lead 21st century healthcare systems. The seven divisions within the Institute will contribute to the delivery of exciting and challenging courses at undergraduate, postgraduate and continues professional development levels.
Founding Vice Chancellor message
||PROF. MASOOD HAMEED KHAN
PhD(Hon), FCPS(PAK), FRCP(Edin), FRCP(London)
Professor of Medicine and Vice Chancellor, Dow University of Health Sciences
It gives me great pleasure to inaugurate the first medical education Institute of Pakistan.
The necessity of medical education institute at a regional and international level was felt immensely.
As a newly emerging discipline, medical education is getting popularity day by day. In the modern era of Evidence Based Medical (EBM), personal dogmas and deliberation are not enough to effectively deliver huge responsibility of imparting medical education. Therefore, education theories along with documented research literature is needed to improve the quality of medical education.
Despite staying behind the First World, we are aware of our local challenges and it is expected that this institute will not prove to be a leader within DUHS setting but will also be a trend-setter for the whole region to redirect medical education activities on the right track.
||Dr. Syed Imran Mehmood
MBBS, MA, MMedED (UK), PhD (Netherland)
- First male medical doctor of Pakistan to acquire his doctorate in medical education from the University of Groningen, the Netherlands.
- Profile listed in the 32nd edition (2016) of “Who’s Who in the World”, an encyclopedia of uniquely talented individual
- A designated “British Medical Journal” (BMJ) Learning Medical Education Consultant.
- Received the Cambridge Award for outstanding medical achievement.
- Successfully established & led Five Medical education Center in Pakistan and abroad.
- Has several top rated international Peer-reviewed publications to his credit